- Ultra fast and accurate search and nuclide identification
- Identifies heavily shielded materials, unbalanced mixes, and Special Nuclear Materials masking scenarios
- Generic ISOCS™ characterization, preloaded efficiency calibrations
- Connects to Genie™ for immediate and easy quantification
- Works in contaminated environment and with fast temperature changes thanks to the sourceless LED stabilization
- Efficient source localization features with onboard directional radar and radiation mapping
- Remote display and control through a web page (over Wi-Fi) for high radiation levels, hard to reach locations, or UGV measurements
- Live data transmission and reachback, including to CBRNResponder and SpirVIEW Mobile™ software
The SPIR-Ace unit is a versatile Radio Isotope Identification Device (RIID) addressing all applications requiring efficient detection and identification of radiological threats in security applications, including civil defense, border security and customs. The SPIR-Ace device can be used in law enforcement, emergency response and other critical infrastructure applications. It also provides accurate assessment of nuclear materials for power plants, safeguard inspections, and forensic laboratories.
The device, coupled with offline Genie software, becomes a highly portable and powerful instrument for in situ measurement applications. The direct compatibility with Genie (CNF), ISOCS efficiency characterization, and onboard geometry selection, enables efficient quantitative assessment.
The SPIR-Ace device is available with a NaI detector for more efficient detection, search, and localization. Or also with LaBr3 for better resolution needed with complex spectra. The optional integrated neutron detector and the optional alpha/beta external contamination probe are available to cover all the hazards and threats.